10/23/09

"Daddy"

So I finally went to Walmart in search of my People New Moon special edition--you know the one everybody else in the world bought 2 weeks ago? Hubby thought he was being funny by telling me he didn't see one anywhere, not that he would have even known what he was looking for.

Of course I made him wait while I hunted through the magazine aisle. I finally found one behind some other teen-targeted mags. Is that the one copy you hid? sorry--bring your money with you next time! Then I made him walk around the store with me hugging it like it was a child. He kept mumbling about putting it down, but no thanks! Why, so you can throw some frozen food on top of it? He knows me well enough to know that would have led to a trip to another store to find a copy. So he dealt with it.

And when he got mad, all I had to do was open to a pic of Rob and ask our 2yrold, "who's that?' to which she replied "Daddy!" every time. unprompted. she's da bomb! The cashier especially thought it was funny. he deserved it after handing it to her and saying "here. My wife is making me buy her this. There is something wrong with her, I guess"

In the end he did try to redeem himself. When we got to the door to leave, it had started to rain so he tucked it in his jacket to keep it safe for me - or to hug Kristen. Either way it got home safe and dry. Now I must hide it from little miss cheeto fingers or "daddy" will have orange spots all over him!


No comments:

Post a Comment